Saturday, January 14, 2006

Winter Botany #4

How it all began . . .



A little before Christmas, the dog and I paused somewhere in this vacant lot. She was checking out some scent or other, and instead of urging her along, I lingered. I don't remember why; perhaps I was stretching out the time before I had to face the chores at home again, or more likely, I was vaguely hoping that some friend would just happen by, if only I stood there long enough.

I looked down, and there at my feet was a friend indeed.


I've got lots more to say about this friend, and about the not-so-vacant lot, but I've decided to be a friend to myself and quit the midnight blogging. I've also invited some dear friends to visit tomorrow, so it might be a couple of days before I give you all the details. Meanwhile, any guesses on the identity?

2 comments:

Madcap said...

So, are you going to tell us, you tease?

arcolaura said...

Working on it! These introductions have to be done properly, you know. I want to make sure that Miss Manners would approve.