Sunday, June 11, 2006

Meaning, Meaning, Meaning!

I may have known this before, but this morning I knew it all over again with the fierce hot glow of a live coal. (Isaiah 6:1-8)

The Spirit is not a spirit of timidity but a Spirit of Strength. It does not need to be coddled in a vessel of perfectionist purity. It has its own strength and it speaks its own words on whatever tongue it chooses. (Romans 8:12-17)

When that wind blows, you may not be able to say how it blew into your life, or where it may be taking you, but still, you cannot deny that it is blowing. (John 3:1-17)

And so I say... oh dear. This is where I get timid.

But somehow this is connected with what I've been thinking this week. Yes, I say, those who demand that environmentalists first "walk the walk" may be hiding a smirk. They know that "walking the walk" means forfeiting a good deal of the power and influence that they themselves boldly use to trumpet their technoptomist message.

The truth, spoken by one who does not yet live the truth, is still the truth.

***********

Updated with another thought:

The truth can condemn its own speaker.

And still, it is the truth.

No comments: