Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ocean acidification

I've stayed away from my blog for a while, partly because of travel and a busy life, but partly because I didn't want to face this issue:
Professor Raven said: "Basic chemistry leaves us in little doubt that our burning of fossil fuels is changing the acidity of our oceans. And the rate change we are seeing to the ocean's chemistry is a hundred times faster than has happened for millions of years. We just do not know whether marine life which is already under threat from climate change can adapt to these changes."
- emphasis added

Now, haven't I said enough about CO2 emissions? Time to talk about something else. Like what we are going to do about it.

But right at this moment I am exhausted from a day's work in the oilfield.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura: I was born and raised in Arcola, Saskatchewan and am the yougnest daughter of Jack and Olive Mclellan. My older sister Jacelyn passed away in Calgary three years ago and her only daughter is now living in northern Ontario. Fond memories of my home town engulf me daily, more so now that I'm approaching my twilight years. I never go 'home' anymore because there is no family there and no one I know anymore. Still like to visit the cemetery and my grandparents home and the house I grew up in of course. Anyone who would like to contact me can reach me at margwhyte@shaw.ca